Pronouns are words that are used to substitute nouns/ noun phrases or show ownership. They can be used when the referent or thing is known because it was mentioned earlier or when the noun is described, i.e. mine, she, her, its, our, theirs.
In the following examples, you can review the usage of pronouns and remember why they are so important to the English language and its variety.
1. Katharina lost her phone. Look, that is Katharina´s phone.
2. Peter has a new bike. The bike is green and white.
3. My uncle Steve is the best uncle in the world. My uncle Steve has a big house and the dog of uncle Steve is very gentle.
4. The Millers house is huge.
Using the appropriate pronoun:
1. Katharina lost her phone. Look, that is her phone.
2. Peter has a new bike. It is green and white.
3. My uncle Steve is the best uncle in the world. He has a big house and his dog is very gentle.
4. Their house is huge.
Remeber that the possessive adjectives are used like adjectives to show ownership and stand before a noun or noun phrase, whereas the possessive pronouns can stand alone and replace nouns.
Personal Pronouns (Subject)
Personal Pronouns (Object)
Today I visited sister Hannah in the hospital. is in there because she had an accident with bike. But it was not fault. was the fault of a taxi driver who was drunk. He did not see and lost the control of car. Therefore, she broke arm and has to stay for one or two nights in the hospital. cried a lot. I said to her:
will be all right. Do not worry! However, she got a cast and has a lovely and bright red colour. dad was very angry about the taxi driver and irresponsible behaviour. After calmed down again, it came out that Hannah did not ride her own bike, was . Then I was really sad as well because she did not ask if she is allowed to use .
The focus of the portrayed sentence should be on the pronoun(s) of the sentence.
Be creative and have fun!!!
Sie nutzen einen Browser mit dem tutory.de nicht einwandfrei funktioniert. Bitte aktualisieren Sie Ihren Browser.
Sie verwenden eine ältere Version Ihres Browsers. Es ist möglich, dass tutory.de mit dieser Version nicht einwandfrei funktioniert. Um tutory.de optimal nutzen zu können, aktualisieren Sie bitte Ihren Browser oder installieren Sie einen dieser kostenlosen Browser: